Have you ever thought of using Feng Shui to attract a member of the opposite sex? This video reveals
Yin and Yang Living hostess Moon gets some expert advice in bedroom feng shui from Donna Stellhorn. Donna illustrates how to set up the furniture in your house to attract love. WHo knew feng shui could be used for love attraction.
Our favorite tip: keep the bed near one wall, but not two walls. It will give the person a feeling of being closed in since one side of the bed is up against the wall.
Do you use feng shui in your life? If so, how? Share in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this video, share it with your friends
A big thank you to the inventor of yoga pants.They give women the shape they are looking for and provide us shallow men with some eye candy.
Maybe they were too busy or just hated their work. Either way, this slideshow of 12 fails gives us a good laugh and makes us wonder “what were they thinking?”
Forget habits like drinking and over-eating–the newest wave in stress relief has arrived in the form of crayons and markers.
Grown-ups everywhere have begun takin
While some look at their sunset years as a reason to resign themselves to shuffleboard and bingo, these 6 men are taking life and saying “come at me, bro”
Add these 10 pushups to your workout to add variety, challenge and strength.
Working out is a great thing, but if you make these errors, you aren’t doing your body any favors.
Healthy middle-aged men seem less likely to develop lung and colon cancer in later life than their out-of-condition peers.
Dr. Oz provides four simple, tasty carbs you can eat and still lose weight.
Here are five easy at-home dog treats you can incorporate into your favorite canine’s diet:
Android‘s new “Friends Furever” ad, which inspires viewers to “Be together. Not the same.” has gone viral.
The cool dudes over at React ran a little tournament pitting elderly people against one another in some good old fashioned Mortal Kombat X. Check out the reactions
Just like in institutions, family budgeting requires you to identify what you want to achieve and the processes to undertake to get there.
Listening to advice from successful entrepreneurs in your field and remain committed to you business success it will lead you to building a successful start-up.
In the year of our gaming lord 2002, we were all made just a little bit happier with the release of a classic dude fighting game: Bikini Karate Babes.
What we have here is 7 and a half minutes of glorious gorious fun and video game violence.
We here at Her Fitness News want to salute these ladies who’ve undergone amazing transformations.
Sometimes the hardest thing to do in keeping fit is appetite control and curbing those hunger pangs. Here are 5 foods that are healthy and help curb your appetite.
We’ve all experienced it. We want to get healthy/healthier and we’re making progress when BOOM, a wall goes up and stops our progress.
You can’t escape it. It’s required by law in every state: car insurance. We’ve compiled 7 ways to trim costs off of this mandatory expense.
If you’re looking to get in shape without spending a lot of time in the gym, this workout is all you need.
One successful way to save money is to reduce expenses. Here are 5 easy non-painful ways you can save money.
It’s always cute seeing animals dressed in costumes. Sometimes, the costumes are so bad, the poor animal wear them with a slight sad look of shame.
It may sometimes seem like a never ending quest:The search for the perfect butt will likely not yield what we’re looking for, but as long as we’re close, right?
Before real research showed us otherwise, we thought that all saturated fats were bad and that they contributed to health problems. That’s untrue.
Busy schedules are something that plague the best of us. Between jobs, family, friends, and other obligations it’s hard to find time to hit the gym
Stress is a fact of life. No matter who you are, there is no way to completely avoid stress. Here are seven proven ways to diminish stress.
Is it illegal? Yeah, defacing federal currency is illegal. Is it art? Why, yes it is. We think it’s pretty creative.
Researchers have found that many people have common dreams. Here is a list of few most common recurring dreams and their meanings.
Mark Cuban is the epitome of the iconic American businessman. We’ve compiled 18 of his funniest, most inspirational and insightful quotes
Tight End Jimmy Graham recently met his biggest fan on Sports Center News. He met her by phone after seven-year-old Lexia Woods’ video went viral.
Optical Illusions are fun with interesting pictures of people and inanimate objects, which have every one trying to figure them out.
The Prado Museum, in Madrid Spain, has a new exhibit which brings art to everyone and helps blind people experience classic paintings
An interesting video has resurfaced of renowned proponent of LSD Dr. Sidney Cohen administering LSD to a mild mannered 1950’s housewife.
New pictures revealed recently in the news have shown one crawling from a cliff face in the mountains there where they were able to quickly snap a picture of it.
Hand it to the party girls. While sometimes obnoxious, they are also pretty darn hot.
Pixel is a French Bulldog residing in Poland with his owner and cat. He’s developed a strong following on Instagram and YouTube with photos and videos
When stuck in class with a boring lesson, you might be inclined to yawn. Well, DON’T DO IT! Well, this girl probably won’t be yawning anymore
We’re going to take a look back at Taco Bell’s 10 best food innovations that have shook the fast food world to its core.
Ah, the crazy days of bad taste advertising. Back then, it was just called advertising. These days, it would get you strung up.
We’ve compiled a list of 5 apps that should be on your phone if you want to increase you productivity.
Cookie Monster once said “C Is For Cookie”. C is also for celebration. It’s also for Cleavage
Fiery, passionate and damn sexy. That’s how redheads are generally classified.
They say that blondes have more fun. Is that true? Well, they certainly seem like it most times.
Some people say that blondes have all the fun. For those of you who are fans of the darker hair, we present 10 gorgeous brunette hotties.
Thank you Internet for the ultimate trend in self awareness…or should that be selfie awareness? Selfie lovers, unite!
Tight abs with a six pack and a penchant for working out bring up the sexy factor.
Tight abs with a six pack and a penchant for working out bring up the sexy factor.
Not only is 50 Cent a prominent rapper, he is also a businessman and a philanthropist. There are many charities and foundations that 50 Cent supports.
Couples got together and played a game of Truth Or Drink. They have to answer sexual questions and if they don’t want to answer, they have to take a shot.
Hard to believe there are primitive tribes that have no connections to “modern” society and are cut off socially as well. Here are 15 such tribes.
There’s an app for everything these days. This includes apps for our animal friends. You could say “smartphones have really gone to the dogs…and cats…”
Who doesn’t love a good cosplay? For cosplayers, it’s like Halloween exists year round and well into adulthood. Here are cosplayers of the undead
Our friends over at Whisper are constantly receiving anonymous answers to questions, along with all sort of crazy confessions and shenanigans. One of their topics
Some people don’t think before speaking, and they don’t realize how crass their questions and comments can sound.
Headaches, including migraines, are extremely common. There are many home remedy treatments that can help relieve migraine pain and other kinds of headaches.
Frank Zappa was the epitome of cool and left behind some great quotes. Here are 10 of his best
1 in 10 pets have their own social media account. Here are 12 of the cutest.
They’re the perfect all-natural option for cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, and much more. Read on to discover 20 new ways to use lemons
Here three ways to feed picky eaters so that they’ll still receive nutrition, and you won’t have to cave in to sweets or junk food.
Let’s face it. Danny Trejo is cooler than all of us put together. Here, though, are 5 reasons why he’s definitely cooler than you (and the rest of us)
An anonymous art director in Chicago started a unique project to help the multitude of homeless. He goes out each week to meet a homeless person.
Ah, little boys. Constantly putting things in their pockets…and their ear canals. This young Brit was taken to the ER by his grandmother
It’s great to hear about members of the animal kingdom engaging in acts of heroism. Here are 5 such feats that are sure to warm your heart.
There is an interesting trend that is attracting a lot of attention. It is the tiny house movement and refers to a place that is under 1,000 square feet.
Actors in Hollywood don’t always get the accolades that their female counterparts duo when it comes to body transformations.
All of us as little dudes wanted to be able to fly. Well, here’s a dude that can fly…or at least looks like he can fly.
There is no experience quite like exploring new places and learning new cultures.
Baking soda is not just for cooking anymore. It is an a cleaning superhero. It’s powers stretch beyond just being ingredient in your favorite baked goods.
Young Carly was seemingly written off early on in her life. Little did her parents know just how incredibly intelligent she was.
If getting up in front of an audience and standing behind an ominous podium with a microphone sounds about as much fun as getting a root canal, you’re not alone.
No longer do you need to be buried in a simple pine box or one that’s fancier with satin, trimmings, etc. Below are 14 amazing custom coffins.
One thing that separates the best athletes from the others is proper balance of hard training with regeneration and good recovery. If you burn the candle from both
With Mother’s Day around the corner, we take a closer look at how animals tote their youngsters, from putting them on their heads to literally embedding them in th
This slideshow shows the cutest farm animals you’ve ever seen. From pigs to horses to everything Awww-inspiring in between,
Here are the seven body language fixes you can make to day to massively increase your attractiveness to hot women and women in general.
Remember your prom? Was it awkward? Maybe cool? Maybe a combination? We’ve put together a slideshow of dudes who did prom their own damn way.
An interesting piece of funeral rituals from different societies and history.
Our featured animated hottie is the current video game vixen herself Kate Upton.
Butcher Billy is an terrifyingly talented artist who combines pop culture, music, politics, and comic books in new and sometimes disturbing ways.
Born July 10, 1968, Edgar Müller grew up in the western German city of Straelen. His childhood love of painting began with landscapes of his hometown.
Street painting intrigued Müller. He first entered the Geldern international street painting festival at the age of 16, and he won his first title in the competition at age 19. Müller has won several international festivals since his first entry in Geldern. In 1998, he gained the title of ‘maestro madonnari’ (master street painter) as awarded by the world’s largest street painting festival, The Grazie Festival in Italy. At age 25, he devoted his career to street painting. Müller traveled extensively throughout Europe teaching and presenting his art.
Müller strives to promote street artists and their art and has organized festivals. He also developed an internet forum to unite and promote street artists.
Despite his classes and communication design training, Müller is autodidact, and he continues to explore new art forms and develop his own style. His 3 dimensional street art uses traditional painting and challenges public perception.
Müller enjoys the availability of street art – the artist showcasing his or her art without a gallery or museum. He continues to appreciate the transitory nature of street art – everything changes on the street. Just a person passing within the borders of a scene changes the art, and then, it changes again.
Here is a gallery of 10 of his most awe inspiring creations. Hard to beleive this is all just sidewalks, chalk and one huge amount of creative vision and artistry.
“Usually I go in nature to get ideas for a new painting. A simple walk in the forests around my house can be very inspiring. My way of getting inspiration is to ask questions. What am I doing here? What can I do better? How do we create our reality? Is time linear? Do I believe in god? Some may think these are childish questions – but that’s in fact the greatest compliment.” – Edgar Mueller.
Which of these are your favorites? Which took your breath away? Comment below and let us know then share this amazing art with your friends.
You can see all of his artwork at his official website.
An anonymous art director in Chicago started a unique project to help the multitude of homeless. He goes out each week to meet a homeless person. After telling them about the project, he offers to make a new sign to replace their shabby handmade ones. He creates the sign, delivers it, and meets others. He checks back each week to see how the new signs have been received by the public. Tumblr user aplusappmedia states it best, “He takes the signs that the homeless have previously written, and turns them into beautiful works of calligraphy.”
After eight weeks, the art director has met five homeless and delivered seven signs. Roger, the first man, was holding an old, wrinkled cardboard sign with “HEALTH PROBLEMS NEED HELP MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS YOU ALL” written in black marker. The next week, the art director discovered a problem. He couldn’t find Roger. Cold weather prevented him from finding Roger for a couple weeks. Once Roger received his new sign, which read the same message in beautifully written type, the art director received a promising update. Roger only used the sign for a total of 6 hours, yet received 12 compliments. People were prompted to start conversations with Roger and call him over to their car.
The next man in the project was Samuel. His sign read “GOING THROUGH CHEMO NOT DOING WELL PLEASE HELP”. Samuel was going through his 2nd chemotherapy treatment. Sadly, he hasn’t been able to find Samuel again to give him the new sign; but is still looking.
While looking for Samuel, the art director met Mike, a Veteran who lost his leg serving our country. A week later he had his new sign with large print and decorative cursive reading, “I LOST MY LEG For My Country PLEASE HELP You Will Be Blessed”. Mike’s new sign received positive results similar to Roger’s remade sign. On a later visit, the art director discovered Mike further embellished the sign with orange highlighter to make it stand out.
Next, the art director was presented with another challenge. Fred had two signs crammed with messages. He originally only asked for one sign, but was so happy with the first that he requested a second larger one. The art director delivered a tall sign with large, bold print. Fred was so pleased; he had his first remade as well. Fred was the first person to comment he hadn’t seen much of a change, but blamed it on the cold weather.
The fifth man the art director has helped is Ulysses. Another Veteran, Ulysses received two new signs and was very thankful for them.
After only two months, word has spread quickly of the promising effects. The Urban Type Experiment has been featured in news articles and people regularly follow the Tumblr posts documenting each step. Even though 5 men are a mere speck in the 140,000 homeless in Chicago, there’s hope this project will spark more awareness. As each sign helps each individual, maybe more individuals will help others.
You can read more about the Urban Type Experiment here.
What do you think of this experiment? Share with your friends and see what they think.
Have you ever seen an animal so cute, you almost got angry? Something so disgustingly cute that you just wanted to pull an Elmira on it? Well, we here all love sharing pictures of cute animals and hearing everyone scream “OMG, so cute!”. It’s quite the euphoria buzz.
Check out this slideshow of 21 amazingly cute animals of the farm variety.
So, which was your favorite? Any one of them in particular make you “squee”? Comment below and let us know your favorites, then share with your friends to hear them scream with delight “Awwwww, so cute”.
Couples got together and played a game of Truth Or Drink. They have to answer sexual questions and if they don’t want to answer, they have to take a shot. It’s pretty damn funny. There is even an appearance from the producer’s parents.
Would you play Truth Or Drink with your significant other? Are there any questions you could be asked that you would take the shot versus answering? Will this become the next great party game? Comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear your feedback.
We often get to hear tales of mighty men and wonderful women becoming heroes and performing amazing life saving acts While we love to hear about acts of selfless help like those, it’s also great to hear about members of the animal kingdom engaging in acts of heroism. Here are 5 such feats that are sure to warm your heart.
Willie The Parrot
A small green parrot named Willie became a hero in Denver when he saved the life of a two-year-old toddler, Hanna Kuusk. In November, 2009, Megan Howard was babysitting Hannah. Megan brought along her usually quiet little parrot. Hannah was having breakfast with Willie keeping her company in the kitchen. Megan left the kitchen for a little bit. Not long after, Megan heard Willie cried out, “Mama, baby!” Megan ran back to the kitchen to find Willie squawking and frantically flapping his wings. Hannah was choking on her breakfast, her face already turning blue. Megan quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver on Hannah just in time. If it were not for Willie’s remarkable warning, it would have been too late.
Gimpy The Seal
Gimpy the elephant seal arrived at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach in 1994 with a severe trauma to the head that caused her left side to be paralyzed with impaired vision. Through the gentle care from the staff, she overcame her injuries and was nursed back to health. The severity of her injuries left her slower and less coordinated than the other seals, but that did not dampen her spirits. One day, a volunteer went into a pen of seal pups to clean. When he slipped and fell, an aggressive seal came toward him, followed by band of noisy seals. He was in danger of being bitten severely. Gimpy came along and fended off the seals, protecting the volunteer and allowing him to escape.
Shana the Dog
Shana was a sick half German shepherd, half wolf puppy who was only two weeks old when she was rescued by an elderly couple, Eve and Normal Fertig from Alden, New York. The Fertigs ran a sanctuary on their property. They were out doing their usual rescue work on their property when a raging storm hit the area, cutting power and blowing down trees all around them. The Furtigs were stranded in the cold and rain, they were at least 200 feet from their home, and the trees blocked their way. Shana found them and started to dig a tunnel, big enough so the Fertigs were able to get out and back into their home. With no power and heat, Shana was their only source of warmth in the house until rescuers found them.
Tara the Cat
Tara became a feline heroine when she fought off a ferocious dog who attacked little Jeremy Triantafilo in Bakersfield, CA. Jeremy was playing outside of his house on his tiny bike when a dog sneaked up from behind and grab the boys’ leg, pulling him down. Within seconds, Tara dashed out of nowhere and lunged head-first into the dog, fighting a dog several times her size and chasing him away. Jeremy was rushed to emergency where he got 10 stitches for the bites. Tara’s selfless act of bravery prevented the injury from being worse.
Stubby the Dog
Stubby was a stray found by Private J. Robert Conroy of the U.S. infantry in WWI. Pets were not allowed, but Stubby was smart and boosted morale in the company. He even learned to “salute” with his right paw over his right eyebrow. He joined the troops in battle where he developed a keen sense of danger, warning his comrades of gas attacks and finding wounded soldiers. When the enemy sent a spy to scout the layout of the Allied trenches, Stubby attacked and held him until the U.S. soldiers came. He was truly a war hero.
Which story touched you the most? Comment below and let us know. Also feel free to share stories of other heroic animals.
Everyone is fascinated by bats. There are a lot of myths and legends about them. Whether it be the association with vampires or swarm of them in horror movies. They sometimes get a bad rap. We’d like to set the record straight and have listed 10 things we bet you might not have known about these nocturnal flying creatures.
The vast majority of people realize that bats utilize echolocation to move around their surroundings. We likewise realize that this method is not entirely one of a kind to simply bats. Different creatures like Whales, Dolphins, and even some mice use this aptitude as well.
1. They Are Expert Hunters
For the longest time, it was accepted that bats could recognize prey that was not moving. This was a gigantic disadvantage for the winged animals. Along these lines, most bugs would stay totally still in the event that they knew a bat was hunting them. A bat from South America discredited this hypothesis, then again, research uncovered that bats have the capacity to recognize motionless insects.
2. Bats Do Not Rely On Their Sense Of Smell
Most bats stick to a eating routine of simply natural products, yet how is their food source discovered when they only come out after dark? It was believed that they utilize their nose to find plants since echolocation is unreliable in the dark. Shockingly, that is not the situation. Bats really utilize the sound that is given off from plants to focus on their location.
3. Bats Are Better Singers Than Opera Singers
Bats can deliver ultrasonic tweets which can surpass human listening capabilities. Bat chirps can range up to 160 kilohertz (kHz) while tweeting and people can only hear up to 20 kHz. Soprano vocalists can only reach notes of approximately 1.76 kHz.
4. They Have Super Sonic Hearing
Look at those ears! The ears of a bat does not normally get much credit. A great many people concentrate on the commotion that the creature can create, however a bats’ ears are pretty much as advantageous as its vocal box. Late studies have found that bats can modify the state of its ear so it can get diverse acoustic signs.
5. Bats Have Friends
Bats may not be simple on the eyes, however that does not mean they don’t have feelings. Shockingly, bats have a gathering of companions that they like to remain faithful to. When you see big swarms of bats, you expect that they are simply flying around heedlessly, however there are really smaller gatherings inside the bigger herd. They stay in contact by building specific vocal tones that only their group utilizes.
6. They Like To Keep In Touch
The majority of bats are nomadic and move together to evade predators. The way to their survival is correspondence. In any case, how do these winged animal stay in contact with one another? They develop a particular kind of vocal framework that every one of them can understand. By using the surface of leaves, bats can amplify sounds to 2 decibels.
7. They Use Their Wings For Echolocation
Not all bats are vocal. A few bats do not possess the ability to produce tweets or chirps. They have developed other approaches to utilize echolocation, essentially by fluttering their wings.
8. Their Whispers Can Kill
Bats are disadvantaged when it comes to discovering prey. Since they discover sustenance by utilizing echolocation, now and again, they reveal their location. Clueless insets have figured out how to respond when they distinguish a bats’ sonar, yet some bats have discovered another apparatus that permits them to become more productive hunters. Bats that have longer tongues have the ability to deliver sounds that are more inaudible than the normal bat, which permits them to sneak up on prey that would typically hear them advancing.
9. Their Muscles Are Super-Charged
This may come as a stun to a great many people but bats have probably the most effective muscles out of all vertebrates. The larynx of the bat could contract 200 times each second! Each time you flicker or blink, a bat has effectively contracted its larynx 100 times.
10.They Go Fishing
Likely the craziest truth of all is that bats chase fish. The fact that echolocation does not blend well with water, its amazing that bats can pull this off. Despite the fact that their echolocation isn’t successful, its still helpful. The sounds of water ripples brought about by fish can be heard by bats, despite the fact that they never really see the fish. By judging the swells and current of the water, bats have the capacity to focus on the fish. They have likewise been known to discover frogs utilizing the same method.
Bats fill the night sky with resonances of trills and squeaks, and we are currently starting to comprehend the secrets behind these winged animal. However, there are many different things about bats that have been found that demonstrate exactly how remarkable these creatures are.
Which of these facts did you already know? Which came as a surprise to you? Comment below and let us know how you feel about bats. Be sure to share this article with your friends who are a little…batty 😉
Optical Illusions are fun with interesting pictures of people and inanimate objects, which have every one trying to figure them out. During this article, there will be five amazing optical illusions presented for your mind to chew on. After the head tilts and eye squinting, pass it on to family and friends. They will appreciate a fun moment or two trying to understand what is in front of them. But for now, go ahead and try it out.
Illusions using people is always an interesting proposition, especially when it is a real person and not a drawing. It is up to you to decide what you are looking at. Is it the front of his face, or the side of his face?
This next illusion is set in a subway area. Someone painted a staircase on the wall and floor, or is this a Photoshop job? The only thing missing is a cat sitting or lying underneath. A piece of luggage could also add additional nuance.
Remember the drawing of people mentioned earlier? Well, this next illusion is a drawing of a man’s face. Actually, some think it is the word liar written in cursive. Now that you have seen it, what is the verdict?
The black dot counter illusion is next up. This one will really give your eyes a run for their money. As soon as the eye rest on one black dot, it immediately turns white. But more than that, the black and white dots continue to move with every blink. Make it stop!
It is a well known fact that elephants have four legs. However, this next illusion challenges this assumption. How many did you count? Try starting at the front of the elephant and work your way to the back. Did you have any luck? Try it from the back to the front. This illusion was created by a cognitive scientist.
Optical illusions have a vast array of begins. The regular doodler can create benders for the left and right side of the brain to duke it out. However, the professionally trained individual such as a psychiatrist or psychologist can also wreak havoc on the optical senses. Remember the last illusion by a cognitive scientist?
Which of these are your favorite? Comment below and let us know.
Last night on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Will Ferrell stopped by…and announced he’s the new face of Little Debbie Snack Cakes.
He brought along one of our favorite snacks: a box of Swiss Rolls…and he teased the audience about everyone getting one a la Oprah Winfrey.
Will Ferrell’s appearances on the Tonight Show are always a laugh riot.
So, can YOU tell the difference between a Little Debbie’s Snack Cake and a baked potato (with your eyes closed)?
So, what’s your favorite Will Ferrell moment? Share below and let us know. Now excuse us as we have a snack run to perform…
Photo Credit: NBC
Let’s face it. Danny Trejo is cooler than all of us put together. His IMDb credit listing is almost a book in and of itself. He seems to be in 1 out of every 4 RedBox movies currently in any given kiosk. He seems like a great guy who will have your back in a bar fight and buy everyone beers afterwards.
Here, though, are 5 reasons why he’s definitely cooler than you (and the rest of us, Chuck Norris included).
1. His memes are bad ass
2. He can grow a beard that will make Chuck Norris look like a 16 year old trying to grow his first moustache
3. He’s f**king Machete!
4. He’s a supporter of Best Friends Animal Society, who helps homeless animals get adopted.
5. He starred in pretty much the greatest SuperBowl commercial of all time…
What’s your favorite Danny Trejo movie? Share below and discuss the coolest man on the planet.
When stuck in class with a boring lesson, you might be inclined to yawn. Well, DON’T DO IT! Well, this girl probably won’t be yawning anymore. Holly was sitting in class and let out a big yawn…then couldn’t close her mouth again. Her jaw completely locked up. You won’t believe what doctors had to do to help her close her mouth.
And, guys, no ex-wife jokes. What’s the weirdest incident you’ve heard of that sent someone to the ER? Share below and let us know.
Scientists have recently found Britain’s oldest brain. No it doesn’t belong to Queen Elizabeth. It’s believed to have come from a man who lived 2,600 years ago. Archeologists were shocked. Ordinarily soft tissue including skin, flesh, and the brain aren’t preserved for that long a period of time. The remarkable find was made while researchers were excavating Iron-age landscape on property belonging to the University of York. They discovered a skull face down a pit. Attached to the skull was two vertebrae and the jaw. When scientists looked inside the skull while cleaning it and saw the brain still inside, they were blown away.
Brain Factoid: The brain is made up of 75% water and generates enough energy to power a light bulb.
The amazing find of the ancient brain was made by researchers from the York Archaeological Trust in a Heslington, York site in 2009. The mortuary at York Hospital removed the top of the ancient skull so scientists could gain access to the
bright yellow spongy material inside and verify it was indeed the brain of a man from the 6th Century B.C. The 34 scientist working to study and preserve the brain say he died from a blow to the head and his neck was cut with a small, very sharp knife. It may have been done by hooligans at an ancient soccer match.
Brain Factoid: The brain weighs about 3 pounds and stops growing at age 18 or after 10,000 hours of watching television.
The brain was astonishingly well-preserved. Scientists postulate that happen because the head was severed immediately after the man died and buried in wet, clay-rich soil. This may have prevented oxygen from getting to the brain and causing it to rot. Decomposition of soft tissue requires oxygen, water and the right temperature for bacteria to do their work. In the brain of this ancient murder victim, the proteins and fats in the brain fused together and simply shrunk over time. Much like the brains of people who watch too much reality TV.
Scientists are continuing to study the ancient brain.
We all know that lemons are delicious to use in beverages, to flavor fish and poultry, and even just to eat on their own. What many people do not know is that the usefulness of lemons goes far beyond being a delicious snack or flavor enhancer. They’re the perfect all-natural option for cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, and much more. Read on to discover 20 new ways to use lemons!
1. Preserve fruits and vegetables by misting them with lemon juice. The acidity prevents browning, and can even revive wilted lettuce.
2. Mix up a 50/50 vinegar and water solution, then add 2-4 tablespoons of lemon juice to create an all-natural disinfectant cleaner.
3. Mix 1 cup lemon juice with ¼ cup water, mist hair until damp, then sit in the sun or under a hair dryer until dry for natural-looking highlights.
4. Mix a 50/50 lemon juice and water solution in a spray bottle for a streak-free mirror and window cleaner.
5. Add ¼ cup of lemon juice to your wash cycle to brighten whites.
6. Scrub faucets and handles in the bathroom with ½ lemon to remove soap scum and polish metals.
7. Create an all-natural teeth whitener by brushing with a paste of lemon juice and baking soda.
8. Boil a pot of water with cut lemon wedges and peels for a long-lasting home air freshener.
9. Rub wooden cutting boards with ½ lemon to disinfect and deodorize.
10. Dab warts with a cotton swab soaked in lemon juice several times a day to dissolve.
11. Rub fingernails and toenails with a cotton ball soaked in lemon juice to remove stubborn polish stains.
12. Place cut lemon wedges in a small bowl of water, microwave for two minutes, then wipe out the microwave for easy cleaning and odor control.
13. Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with ½ tablespoon of lemon juice to make your own furniture polish.
14. Run cut lemons and lemon peels through the garbage disposal to clean and deodorize.
15. Make a paste of lemon juice and baking soda to clean stainless steel.
16. Pour undiluted lemon juice over minor cuts and scrapes to reduce bleeding and disinfect wounds.
17. Add 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice to humidifiers to disinfect and release a fresh scent.
18. Even your skin tone by applying a mixture of 1 part lemon juice to 5 parts water to skin daily.
19. Spritz doorways, windows, and other insect entrance areas with lemon juice to keep ants and other bugs away.
20. Soothe poison ivy and alleviate the itch by applying lemon juice directly to the rash.
What’s your favorite use for lemons besides as a food product? Comment below and share these tips with your friends.
Sometimes, we think we’re pretty safe in our own little worlds. Other times, we fear for our lives. Here are 8 people who should left this mortal coil and yet they survived. They managed to survive accidents that would have killed anyone else. It’s a testament to the human spirit and sometimes, a little bit of luck.
1. The Convertible Van- How in the world James Crawford lived through his accident in 2012 is anyone’s guess because by the look of the damage to the van, he shouldn’t still be alive. As he was driving to work one morning on a highway in New Jersey, a large crane was carrying a huge steel beam on a construction site that ended up swinging across the highway and across traffic. As James is driving, the beam suddenly rips the top off of the van and crashes the passenger side seat, as James sits in the driver’s seat. Luckily and unbelievably, he only suffers minor cuts and a broken thumb. The police and investigators for the construction company believe high winds were the reason for the beam going over into traffic.
2. The man with half of a head-Once again here is an example of how it is a miracle that thing person is alive. They call him the man with “half a head.” His name is Carlos Rodriguez and his nickname is “halfy” and he will be the first to tell you that drinking, doing drugs and driving are a mistake. That is how he lost almost half his head. He was 14 at the time and was thrown out of the car and through the windshield after hitting the base of a tree.
3. Yasser Lopez is a 16 yr. old teenager who was very, very, lucky. In Miami, he and his friends were fishing together when he said he was holding a fish his friend had caught and the next minute he had fallen into the water. He said the next minute he saw the three foot metal fishing spear that was gas powered sticking out of his forehead. They called 911 and he was rushed to the emergency room. What is really extraordinary is he was conscious through the whole thing. When he got there they said it had gone through to the other side but was not sticking out of his head yet. He will need to go through physical therapy because of trouble with motor skills. It is a wonder he is alive at all, he was very lucky indeed.
4. The Man With Half A Body-Truman Duncan was enjoying his name in Texas in 2006. He was riding along on the front of a railroad car as a railroad switch man when he fell off onto another track and was hit by an oncoming train coming from the other direction. He had jumped up and ran alongside the train trying to outrun the coming train but slipped and fell. The oncoming train tried to come to a stop, but not before it had gone 75 feet and ripped up his legs and then onto the entire right lower half of his body. He lost his right leg up to his thigh, his left left leg, his hip and one kidney. He was able to stay conscious and call 911 from his cell phone. He said that wanting to see his kids grow up kept him alive. Somehow he lived through this and even through the 45 minutes it took for an ambulance to get to him. It took four months and 23 surgeries to save what they could of his body. His insurance paid to remodel his house to be wheelchair friendly. He returned to his old company to redo old train cars.The doctors said god must have a plan for him because they do not know how he did not die or bleed to death.
5. The Man Who Took an Construction Drill Through the Head-Ron Hunt had a really bad day at work on a construction site In 2003. The construction site in California had him balancing himself on a ladder and holding a very big and heavy drill. Somehow the ladder broke and Ron went falling down face first to the ground. Yes, just as you guessed it he landed right on the drill with a very big drill bit going right through his eye and right through his head. Luckily he didn’t die, but he did have a problem trying to figure things out. When he got to the hospital they took him to surgery and tried to figure out how they could get the bit out without doing any more damage. They cut the bit at either end that was sticking out, then during surgery figured out that it was lose so the easiest way to get it out was just to turn it as you normally would to get it out of something like wood. Poor Mr. Hunt was kept awake during the whole thing and thankfully was given Morphine. Luckily it missed his brain. He did have some nerve damage and a hole in the back of his head. Unfortunately, his insurance didn’t cover the accident so people started a medical fund to help him with unpaid leave and medical bills.
6. Greg Rasmussen was flying in a plane enjoying the ride until the worst thing ever happened. Not only did he crash his plane because of high winds, but it crashed in the Kalahari Desert. He was the only survivor and was badly injured and ended up with his legs mangled. With no water, intense heat, no food, he crawled under a tree for shade and to be a little cooler. That all worked for a while as he was waiting for someone to hopefully find him. Later as night time came, animals started trying to attack him. He climbed under the fuselage of the plane. Elephants tried to trample him, but luckily he beat on the metal of the plane and scared them away. Then he was being stalked by lions and did the same things. He even had a hyena who tried to eat him. After twenty four hours of intense pain another plane flew over and saw the wrecked plane and sent help. When he got to the hospital, they were amazed that he was alive. He had over 100 surgeries for him to even have any use of his legs at all. His legs are barely useable and are 3 inches shorter. He is now running his anti-poaching organization he started.
She swam to an area of rocks at the base of the bridge and waited until police were able to rescue her. She not only didn’t die, she had no broken bones, and no serious injuries. The driver of the 18 wheeler was charged with several charges which he pled guilty.
8. Joseph Guzman was in New York attending a bachelor party with his friends. There are many different versions of what happened after that but somehow they ended up in a situation with the police who ended up shooting. 50 shots were fired at Joseph and 19 of them hit the mark. When he went into surgery, doctors found seven bullets still inside his body. He had been hit in the abdomen, legs, and chest, and his cheekbone has been shattered by a bullet. He lost a tremendous amount of blood but lived. He walks with a limp and needs a cane but is able to get around.
A successful way to save money is to reduce expenses. There are many ways you can do this. However, some of the steps will require sacrifice and planning but they will be well worth the effort. Here are 5 easy non-painful ways you can save money.
Cutting the spending on utilities such as heating and cooling, electric, water and telephone can help you save a lot of money. When you leave your home, turn off the lights. You can also invest in power saver bulbs. Any voltage adapters use electricity even when they are not plugged in to the device. Pull the plug on those devices when not in use or buy a smart power strip to do it for you. You can save water by investing in shower reduction kit. These work by reducing water into shower heads. You should also repair leaky faucets and toilets. If you have a pool, keep it covered when it is not in use to avoid water evaporation.
Nature gets crazy.
Watch them take their first rips and enjoy some 420 time.
A new cat on the block