Have you ever seen an animal so cute, you almost got angry? Something so disgustingly cute that you just wanted to pull an Elmira on it? Well, we here all love sharing pictures of cute animals and hearing everyone scream “OMG, so cute!”. It’s quite the euphoria buzz.
Check out this slideshow of 21 amazingly cute animals of the farm variety.
So, which was your favorite? Any one of them in particular make you “squee”? Comment below and let us know your favorites, then share with your friends to hear them scream with delight “Awwwww, so cute”.
Everyone is fascinated by bats. There are a lot of myths and legends about them. Whether it be the association with vampires or swarm of them in horror movies. They sometimes get a bad rap. We’d like to set the record straight and have listed 10 things we bet you might not have known about these nocturnal flying creatures.
The vast majority of people realize that bats utilize echolocation to move around their surroundings. We likewise realize that this method is not entirely one of a kind to simply bats. Different creatures like Whales, Dolphins, and even some mice use this aptitude as well.
1. They Are Expert Hunters
For the longest time, it was accepted that bats could recognize prey that was not moving. This was a gigantic disadvantage for the winged animals. Along these lines, most bugs would stay totally still in the event that they knew a bat was hunting them. A bat from South America discredited this hypothesis, then again, research uncovered that bats have the capacity to recognize motionless insects.
2. Bats Do Not Rely On Their Sense Of Smell
Most bats stick to a eating routine of simply natural products, yet how is their food source discovered when they only come out after dark? It was believed that they utilize their nose to find plants since echolocation is unreliable in the dark. Shockingly, that is not the situation. Bats really utilize the sound that is given off from plants to focus on their location.
3. Bats Are Better Singers Than Opera Singers
Bats can deliver ultrasonic tweets which can surpass human listening capabilities. Bat chirps can range up to 160 kilohertz (kHz) while tweeting and people can only hear up to 20 kHz. Soprano vocalists can only reach notes of approximately 1.76 kHz.
4. They Have Super Sonic Hearing
Look at those ears! The ears of a bat does not normally get much credit. A great many people concentrate on the commotion that the creature can create, however a bats’ ears are pretty much as advantageous as its vocal box. Late studies have found that bats can modify the state of its ear so it can get diverse acoustic signs.
5. Bats Have Friends
Bats may not be simple on the eyes, however that does not mean they don’t have feelings. Shockingly, bats have a gathering of companions that they like to remain faithful to. When you see big swarms of bats, you expect that they are simply flying around heedlessly, however there are really smaller gatherings inside the bigger herd. They stay in contact by building specific vocal tones that only their group utilizes.
6. They Like To Keep In Touch
The majority of bats are nomadic and move together to evade predators. The way to their survival is correspondence. In any case, how do these winged animal stay in contact with one another? They develop a particular kind of vocal framework that every one of them can understand. By using the surface of leaves, bats can amplify sounds to 2 decibels.
7. They Use Their Wings For Echolocation
Not all bats are vocal. A few bats do not possess the ability to produce tweets or chirps. They have developed other approaches to utilize echolocation, essentially by fluttering their wings.
8. Their Whispers Can Kill
Bats are disadvantaged when it comes to discovering prey. Since they discover sustenance by utilizing echolocation, now and again, they reveal their location. Clueless insets have figured out how to respond when they distinguish a bats’ sonar, yet some bats have discovered another apparatus that permits them to become more productive hunters. Bats that have longer tongues have the ability to deliver sounds that are more inaudible than the normal bat, which permits them to sneak up on prey that would typically hear them advancing.
9. Their Muscles Are Super-Charged
This may come as a stun to a great many people but bats have probably the most effective muscles out of all vertebrates. The larynx of the bat could contract 200 times each second! Each time you flicker or blink, a bat has effectively contracted its larynx 100 times.
10.They Go Fishing
Likely the craziest truth of all is that bats chase fish. The fact that echolocation does not blend well with water, its amazing that bats can pull this off. Despite the fact that their echolocation isn’t successful, its still helpful. The sounds of water ripples brought about by fish can be heard by bats, despite the fact that they never really see the fish. By judging the swells and current of the water, bats have the capacity to focus on the fish. They have likewise been known to discover frogs utilizing the same method.
Bats fill the night sky with resonances of trills and squeaks, and we are currently starting to comprehend the secrets behind these winged animal. However, there are many different things about bats that have been found that demonstrate exactly how remarkable these creatures are.
Which of these facts did you already know? Which came as a surprise to you? Comment below and let us know how you feel about bats. Be sure to share this article with your friends who are a little…batty 😉
Last night on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Will Ferrell stopped by…and announced he’s the new face of Little Debbie Snack Cakes.
He brought along one of our favorite snacks: a box of Swiss Rolls…and he teased the audience about everyone getting one a la Oprah Winfrey.
Will Ferrell’s appearances on the Tonight Show are always a laugh riot.
So, can YOU tell the difference between a Little Debbie’s Snack Cake and a baked potato (with your eyes closed)?
So, what’s your favorite Will Ferrell moment? Share below and let us know. Now excuse us as we have a snack run to perform…
Photo Credit: NBC
Sometimes, we think we’re pretty safe in our own little worlds. Other times, we fear for our lives. Here are 8 people who should left this mortal coil and yet they survived. They managed to survive accidents that would have killed anyone else. It’s a testament to the human spirit and sometimes, a little bit of luck.
1. The Convertible Van- How in the world James Crawford lived through his accident in 2012 is anyone’s guess because by the look of the damage to the van, he shouldn’t still be alive. As he was driving to work one morning on a highway in New Jersey, a large crane was carrying a huge steel beam on a construction site that ended up swinging across the highway and across traffic. As James is driving, the beam suddenly rips the top off of the van and crashes the passenger side seat, as James sits in the driver’s seat. Luckily and unbelievably, he only suffers minor cuts and a broken thumb. The police and investigators for the construction company believe high winds were the reason for the beam going over into traffic.
2. The man with half of a head-Once again here is an example of how it is a miracle that thing person is alive. They call him the man with “half a head.” His name is Carlos Rodriguez and his nickname is “halfy” and he will be the first to tell you that drinking, doing drugs and driving are a mistake. That is how he lost almost half his head. He was 14 at the time and was thrown out of the car and through the windshield after hitting the base of a tree.
3. Yasser Lopez is a 16 yr. old teenager who was very, very, lucky. In Miami, he and his friends were fishing together when he said he was holding a fish his friend had caught and the next minute he had fallen into the water. He said the next minute he saw the three foot metal fishing spear that was gas powered sticking out of his forehead. They called 911 and he was rushed to the emergency room. What is really extraordinary is he was conscious through the whole thing. When he got there they said it had gone through to the other side but was not sticking out of his head yet. He will need to go through physical therapy because of trouble with motor skills. It is a wonder he is alive at all, he was very lucky indeed.
4. The Man With Half A Body-Truman Duncan was enjoying his name in Texas in 2006. He was riding along on the front of a railroad car as a railroad switch man when he fell off onto another track and was hit by an oncoming train coming from the other direction. He had jumped up and ran alongside the train trying to outrun the coming train but slipped and fell. The oncoming train tried to come to a stop, but not before it had gone 75 feet and ripped up his legs and then onto the entire right lower half of his body. He lost his right leg up to his thigh, his left left leg, his hip and one kidney. He was able to stay conscious and call 911 from his cell phone. He said that wanting to see his kids grow up kept him alive. Somehow he lived through this and even through the 45 minutes it took for an ambulance to get to him. It took four months and 23 surgeries to save what they could of his body. His insurance paid to remodel his house to be wheelchair friendly. He returned to his old company to redo old train cars.The doctors said god must have a plan for him because they do not know how he did not die or bleed to death.
5. The Man Who Took an Construction Drill Through the Head-Ron Hunt had a really bad day at work on a construction site In 2003. The construction site in California had him balancing himself on a ladder and holding a very big and heavy drill. Somehow the ladder broke and Ron went falling down face first to the ground. Yes, just as you guessed it he landed right on the drill with a very big drill bit going right through his eye and right through his head. Luckily he didn’t die, but he did have a problem trying to figure things out. When he got to the hospital they took him to surgery and tried to figure out how they could get the bit out without doing any more damage. They cut the bit at either end that was sticking out, then during surgery figured out that it was lose so the easiest way to get it out was just to turn it as you normally would to get it out of something like wood. Poor Mr. Hunt was kept awake during the whole thing and thankfully was given Morphine. Luckily it missed his brain. He did have some nerve damage and a hole in the back of his head. Unfortunately, his insurance didn’t cover the accident so people started a medical fund to help him with unpaid leave and medical bills.
6. Greg Rasmussen was flying in a plane enjoying the ride until the worst thing ever happened. Not only did he crash his plane because of high winds, but it crashed in the Kalahari Desert. He was the only survivor and was badly injured and ended up with his legs mangled. With no water, intense heat, no food, he crawled under a tree for shade and to be a little cooler. That all worked for a while as he was waiting for someone to hopefully find him. Later as night time came, animals started trying to attack him. He climbed under the fuselage of the plane. Elephants tried to trample him, but luckily he beat on the metal of the plane and scared them away. Then he was being stalked by lions and did the same things. He even had a hyena who tried to eat him. After twenty four hours of intense pain another plane flew over and saw the wrecked plane and sent help. When he got to the hospital, they were amazed that he was alive. He had over 100 surgeries for him to even have any use of his legs at all. His legs are barely useable and are 3 inches shorter. He is now running his anti-poaching organization he started.
She swam to an area of rocks at the base of the bridge and waited until police were able to rescue her. She not only didn’t die, she had no broken bones, and no serious injuries. The driver of the 18 wheeler was charged with several charges which he pled guilty.
8. Joseph Guzman was in New York attending a bachelor party with his friends. There are many different versions of what happened after that but somehow they ended up in a situation with the police who ended up shooting. 50 shots were fired at Joseph and 19 of them hit the mark. When he went into surgery, doctors found seven bullets still inside his body. He had been hit in the abdomen, legs, and chest, and his cheekbone has been shattered by a bullet. He lost a tremendous amount of blood but lived. He walks with a limp and needs a cane but is able to get around.